How to Create a Google Account
Creating a Google account is simple. You will need to provide your basic information, e.g. your name, age, and address. With your new account, you’ll be able to use a lot of online tools provided by Google.
We’ll show you how to create a Google account.
- To create a Google account, you’ll need to enter some information, like your name, birth date, and location. Creating a Google account will create a Gmail email address.
- If you have an existing Gmail account, you already have a Google account so you won’t need to create an account. You can sign in to Google using your existing Gmail account information.
Check if you already have a Google Account
If you’ve signed in to any Google product before (like Gmail, Maps, or YouTube), you already have a Google Account. You can use the same username and password you created for that product to sign in to any other Google products.
If you have forgotten about it and would like to check if you have an old account, enter your email address. You’ll see a message if there isn’t a Google Account associated with your email address.
If you forgot your username or password, follow the steps to recover your account.
1. A sign-up form will appear. Enter the required information, e.g. your name, nominated username and password.
- Note: Choose a strong password to protect your account from unauthorized access. You can refer to these guidelines on how to create a strong password.
2. Enter your phone number (optional), other email (optional), Birthdate and Gender (required) and click Next.
- This optional information will be used for account recovery in the future. We recommend you fill-in these optional fields.
4. Your account will be created, and the Google welcome page will appear.
What can the Google Account be used for?
Using Google Products with Your New Google Account
On the top right corner of the welcome screen, click on the menu icon that looks like a keypad to bring up a pop-up menu of Google product icons.
You can access each of these services using your new Google account. You can check this link for a full list of all Google products linked with your new account: https://www.google.com.au/intl/en/about/products/
Some of our favourites include Drive, Analytics, Tag Manager, Search Console, Mail, Maps, Ads and Data Studio.